Skip to main content

Friday Favorites, August 5, 2022

 


It's Friday!! Hooray!! It's been a long week as Sunday night we returned back from Las Vegas, so I have been playing catch up all week. Since I skipped last Friday, I have to catch y'all up. 

Horses

We were in Vegas last Wednesday - Sunday for a horse show. My husband bought a new horse in October and he has been with a trainer. This is my husbands third show with him and he is such a wonderful horse. We have been calling him Badger, but I'm not sure it really fits. When he first came into our lives, he was pretty stand offish. He'd been a horse on a working ranch and had not really been loved on. Now he's a total love bug and a big pet! 





Reading

I have been reading Elin Hilderbrand's Winter in Paradise this week. I LOVE it and will continue this series. I believe there are 3 books in the series. The main character, Irene, lives an idyllic life with her husband and 2 grown sons. Her husband travels often for work, but she get's a call on night that turns her life upside down when she finds out her husband has been killed in a helicopter crash in St. John. The book is filled with drama and romance; I have not finished it yet, but I will by the end of the weekend. 





Outfit

My favorite outfit this week was this dress I took to Las Vegas. I'm totally not a dress wearer, but I love this one! I chose the moss green color, but it's really more of an olive green. Super comfortable and I love the puff sleeve detail. 








I hope y'all have a fun week! Any fun weekend plans?

This week I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for Friday Favorites!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites - June 23, 2023

Here's some of my favorites from the week. #1 Whoop Band I have a couple of friends that wear a Whoop band which is pretty much a health / fitness tracker but with tons more data. I've been wearing my Whoop for about a month now and using it to improve my overall health. It's helping me see where the problems are, where improvement is needed and measures overall health. These bands are worn by a lot of pro-golfers and athletes and digging into the data can help you analyze patterns so when there's a change in your norms it gives you a heads up. Some of the pro athletes noticed their respiratory rate and heart rate variability was out of their norm several days before being tested positive for COVID. Since I'm a data nerd this band has really been a favorite lately. Here's a screen shot of one day of mine; clearing improvement is needed! #2 Margaritas If you're local to the Victoria, TX, area, you have to try the margaritas at Hacienda Restaurant in front of

Hello Monday & Day in the Life - Weekend

Linking up with Hello Monday   and NJAM   for a two in one post. Recapping our weekend! Friday was Matt's birthday, so as soon as I got home for work, he opened his gift and then we met some friends for dinner at Gonzales Bistro. Talk about delicious! This is the third time we've been to this new restaurant and it never disappoints. Three of us had Alaskan halibut and one had salmon.  Saturday I spent more time working in the garden until it got super hot. We had a high of 92°F! I planted a few more pepper plants I picked up at HEB as well as some cucumber plants and seeds. I put up the trellis for the cucumbers and also decided to plant some luffa seeds and pole beans. Growing luffa and pole beans are new for me, so we'll see how it goes.  Saturday afternoon, Matt's parents were at home, so we invited them over for birthday cake. The birthday guy requested tres leches cake and it did not disappoint! I had a local bakery make it and they did a fantastic job.  Later in t

Friday Favorites July 15, 2022

It's Friday, most everyone's favorite day of the week! This week was pretty standard around our house with going to work, enjoying dinner at home each night and our in-laws even shared some bbq they made with us one evening. Here's some of my favorite things from this week! Summer Fruit Watermelons are ready in my garden and they have been such a treat to have during this hot weather. It's been over 100 degrees each day and cold watermelon from the refrigerator is so refreshing. This is the Charleston Grey watermelon variety; they are large oblong melons and very tasty!  Exercise The elliptical really is a great workout and something I can do at home. I workout after dinner in the evenings and it has been too hot out to go for a walk outside. I put in my ear buds and catch up on my podcasts and enjoy the air conditioning!  Podcasts One of my favorite podcasts lately is the Sorta Awesome podcast with Meg Tietz and her co-hosts Kelly and Rebekah. These ladies cover every